Shannon should be reunified with her mother because:
1. She is her biological parent and she has more emotional history with her;
2. She has been actively pursuing sobriety by completing rehab;
3. Although she relapsed, that is common and a part of recovery;
4. She would be around her culture and the family/relatives she grew up with providing her a sense of comfort.
Shannon should remain with the resource parents because:
1. Her mother has a substance abuse problem and has relapsed — this is very unstable for her;
2. There is more stability here as the resource parents accept her, care about her, and provide her with any and all resources she needs including support.