a. FAQs cover Expanded Unemployment Benefits, Applying and Certifying for UI, Eligibility for UI, Pregnancy, Caregiving, UI & Paid Leave, and the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which mandates emergency paid sick leave and emergency childcare FMLA leave. **Please note: unemployment assistance has been made available to non-traditional groups and for non-traditional reasons. Please review question #2 in the FAQ.
2) An updated one-page scenarios guide that outlines worker benefits and protections during the COVID-19 emergency, including Unemployment Insurance, Earned Sick Leave, Family Leave Insurance, Temporary Disability Insurance, and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act; currently available in English [nj.gov] and Spanish [nj.gov]
3) An explainer on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act; currently available in English [nj.gov]. This document details the new federal leave rights for workers (federal paid sick leave and childcare FMLA), as well as answers some questions about their interplay with NJ’s leave and benefit programs.
4) FAQs for self-employed workers on the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act; currently available in English [myunemployment.nj.gov]
5) Guidance for self-employed workers on applying for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance; currently available in English [myunemployment.nj.gov]
6) A “How-To” on claiming your Unemployment Insurance benefits each week. See: https://myunemployment.nj.gov/
6) NJDOL’s press release [nj.gov] encouraging employers to take advantage of the federal tax incentives to keep people employed and offer these emergency paid leaves.
These resources are available at https://www.nj.gov/labor/